Controls Programmer Group Leader
The Group Leader supports the safe and timely completion of departmental deliverables through day to day prioritization, assignment of resources, technical guidance and the Human Resources requirements of the department.
Project/Job Operation and Resource Management
- Allocate resources on day to day basis to support active jobs
- Assign resources for unexpected activities in support of current and past jobs
- Meet scope, budget and schedule of active jobs
- Provide updates to the progress of projects through WPM, provide corrective actions as required
- Analyze problems that arise with projects, offer solutions and implement corrective action
- Evaluate the effectiveness of skills, processes, and technology; drive and implement Continuous Improvement
- Actively promote and ensure the SQPD (Safety, Quality, Performance and Delivery) of all jobs
- Actively promote 5s in the workplace, lead by example, participate in 5s activities and conduct daily 5s audits
- Occasional travel globally as required
- Implement strategies with team leaders to mitigate process level risk
- Implement strategies for meeting or exceeding process level quality objectives with team leaders
Leadership and People Management
- Review online timecards for accuracy and lock weekly by 10:00am Monday (Or Tuesday when Monday is Statutory Holiday
- Approve and monitor vacation requests of direct reports
- Conduct annual and semi-annual review of direct reports with manager as required. Prepare and discuss reviews with Manager prior to conducting
- Interview prospective new hires and make hiring recommendations to Manager in conjunction with human resources
- Conduct or delegate training and orientation for new team members
- Evaluate team members skills and quality of work, implement corrective action
- Administer discipline as required to direct reports in conjunction with Manager and Human Resources
- Communicate appointed delegate for Group Leader for vacation coverage
- Create training plans for direct reports
- In collaboration with team members, establish personalized and departmental training plans
- Work in conjunction with all managers and Group Leaders to improve process and labour resources development
- Develop relationships with prospective external stakeholders while maintaining a positive relationship with existing external stakeholders
Department Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure programming department is following all Innovative Automation Policies, Procedures, Work Instructions and wearing appropriate PPE as required
- Evaluate group work loading for current and forecast projects. Recommend changes to resource group.
- Review controls programming requirements with controls programming team members, ensuring that concepts and budgets are understood by all. Review programming progress at various stages throughout a project, redirecting or approving as necessary.
- Offer guidance / supervision of project requirements and controls programming / development needs to ensure that project goals are being met.
- Ensure that the status of current projects is understood by all. Record all concerns and assist with possible solutions.
- Research and develop application and use of products involved in a project. Research and development records are to be filed for future reference. Successes and failures to be entered into “Best Practices”
- Monitor work practices and quality of work
Key Technical Skills and Knowledge
Workers have a general duty to protect their own health and safety and that of others around them. Workers must:
- Work in compliance to the Act and Regulations
- Use or wear any equipment, protective devices or clothing required by the employer
- Not move or make ineffective any protective devices or clothing required by the employer
- Report to the employer or supervisor any known hazards or missing or defective equipment or protective devices
- Report any known violation of the Act or regulations to the employer or supervisor
Workers should be proactive about health and safety. That means that workers must not only comply with the law, the employer’s policies and workplace procedures, but they should also make suggestions to improve health and safety. Workers may also bring health and safety concerns and suggestions directly to the Joint Health and Safety Representative (Members names are listed on the Health and Safety Bulletin Board).
This position may require periods of sitting, standing and frequent walking. The ability to supervise others is a must have. It also requires the ability to handle attention to detail, tight deadlines, responsibility and accountability and the ability to multi-task. Requires use of a computer, keyboard and mouse along with periods of time looking at computer monitor.
Innovative Automation welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.